Friday 13 January 2012

From Steve's facebook today

Harley did it again!!! We went to Hatton Locks yesterday and when we we about to leave there was no sign of Harley. I called him........ whistled, he would normally be back in seconds but there was no sign of him. 

My first thought was that he had been stolen but no cars had left the car park, I looked round, shouted him, whistled.......... nothing. Jenny was staring to panic!

Then I spotted him in the canal by the bank trying desperately to crawl up the vertical side.'Buggar!! there he is about 2 feet below the path'!!

The look of terror on his face, Jenny Arnold screaming now!!

So, I bent over the side grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and hauled him out still looking terrified. As soon as he was out, I was licked and nibbled........... not by Jenny, by Harley. Well two of my commendations in the Police were for saving live, I guess the doggy nibble was the equivalent!!